Arts Jobs - DetailBookkeeper
Boston Court Performing Arts Center
BOSTON COURT PERFORMING ARTS CENTER
Request for Proposal for Bookkeeping Services
Status: Independent contractor // workload estimated 16 - 20 hours/week
Reports To: General Manager (direct)
Executive Director (indirect)
Contract Fee: $1200 - $1500 per month
Boston Court Performing Arts Center, a non-profit arts organization located in Pasadena, seeks proposals from experienced professionals to provide part-time bookkeeping/accounting services for the organization. The contract will be for a one year period with the option to extend it. The bookkeeper will work from their current location, with on-site meetings with the General Manager and/or Executive Director necessary two or more times/month.
- Manage accounts payable/receivable, payroll, cash flow, all deposits and maintain ongoing financial records and account balances.
- Maintain and verify accounting data in Quickbooks
- Develop monthly financial statements, including cash flow, profit and loss, and balance sheets
- Prepare operating and business taxes for audit, and prepare annual financial reporting and tax documents (i.e. 990, 1099s).
- Advise General Manager and Executive Director on accounting best practices.
- Assist with insurance issues for Boston Court including but not limited to payroll, workers comp and other applicable insurance.
- Reconcile monthly all bank accounts, company credit cards and expense reports
- Experienced bookkeeper with an excellent understanding of GAAP
- Non-Profit experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of Quickbooks
Interested parties should submit a proposal to Cheryl Rizzo, General Manager, at email@example.com. Proposals will be reviewed as they are received.
Updated: March 3, 2017