Arts Jobs - DetailAssistant Professor, Multimedia
Allan Hancock College
Santa Maria, CA
Job Title: Assistant Professor, MultimediaDepartment: Fine Arts
Category: FacultyPosted: 4/5/2017
Closing Date: 5/10/2017
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, MULTIMEDIA
This is a full-time, 175-day (10-month annual contract) tenure-track faculty position in the Fine Arts Department with the title of Assistant Professor granted upon hire. Primary responsibility is a full-time teaching load in the college Multimedia program. Additional responsibilities include program review and curriculum development, participation in department and college activities, yearly professional development activities, maintaining five required office hours per week for student consultation, in addition to maintaining grade and attendance records in accordance with college regulations, and other duties as necessary. This position may include evening or weekend assignments at any college site.
- August 2017, pending board approval.
SALARY AND FRINGE BENEFITS
- Hiring salary range is $52,834 to $72,954 depending on education and experience. A doctoral stipend of $2,500 is paid annually.
- Benefits include medical, dental, life, vision (employee only), and salary protection insurance.
The governing board seeks an individual with the following minimum qualifications:
- Any bachelor’s degree and two years of professional experience, OR any associate degree and six years of professional experience OR the equivalent per Board Policy 7211.
- Evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of staff and community college students and of staff and students with disabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- provide students with a broad historical perspective and contemporary practices involved in media arts production.
- address technical and conceptual issues in multimedia project development
- foster an appreciation of multimedia and animation
- integrate technical innovation and creative practice
- use multimedia technology in classroom instruction
- communicate effectively, both in oral and written communication
- apply evaluation and assessment methods
- identify and use learning outcomes and assessment that lead to course and program improvements
- Knowledge of:
- digital tools used in media production
- user experience and interactivity in web design
- motion graphics
- 2D and 3D animation
- video post-production
- Demonstrated experience in:
- teaching strategies that address the needs of students with a variety of learning styles
A committee will review applications. Meeting minimum qualifications does not ensure a candidate an interview. Therefore, it is important that the application be thorough and detailed. Applicants will be assessed on the breadth and depth of education, training, experience, skills, knowledge, and abilities. A limited number of applicants will be invited for an on campus interview at the college at their own expense. All interviewed candidates will be asked to present a teaching demonstration.
To be considered for this position, the candidate must submit the following application materials to the college human resources office by end of business (4:00 p.m.).
Wednesday, May 10, 2017
- Signed district application for faculty/administrative positions
- A current and complete resume/CV of education and professional experience
- Transcripts (unofficial copies are acceptable for the application process) Official transcripts are required if hired
- Cover letter
- Portfolio of professional and creative work available at an online site like Vimeo or YouTube. If content for this application on is password protected, candidate must provide the necessary password.
- For applicants with prior teaching experience; Five examples of student work completed in your course(s). Please indicate that these are student projects and list the title of the course(s).
A committee will give priority review of application materials submitted by Wednesday, May 10, 2017. This position is open until filled. The district reserves the right to extend time limits, reinitiate, or withdraw the recruitment/ selection process at any point.
For application materials please visit our Web site at www.hancockcollege.edu or contact:
Allan Hancock College
Human Resources, Building B
800 South College Drive
Santa Maria, CA 93454-6399
(805) 922-6966, extension 3378
FAX (805) 922-9196
Addressee:Allan Hancock College Human Resources
Address: 800 South College Drive