Arts Jobs - DetailDevelopment Manager
Pasadena Museum of California Art
The Pasadena Museum of California Art (PMCA) seeks a full-time Development Manager.
The Development Manager will be responsible for assisting Executive Director in developing and implementing the development strategy for the Museum. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development Manager will be responsible for achieving the fundraising goals and engaging sponsors in ongoing service activities.
Duties and responsibilities
- Help create and implement annual development plan and strategy;
- Lead and manage the overall development efforts to raise an annual budget of $2 Million;
- Work with Executive Director and consultants to train and lead the PMCA Board and staff to support fundraising and marketing efforts;
- Collaborate with the curatorial and marketing staff for fundraising efforts;
- Assist Executive Director in individual fundraising efforts.
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential corporate & foundation sponsors and individual donors;
- Manage annual fundraising events and campaigns;
- Write grant proposals and reports to corporate, foundation, and government funders;
- Manage fundraising database and acknowledgment letters.
- Maintain accurate accounting of all restricted and unrestricted funding; responsible for financial reporting to funders;
5 years of development experience with a nonprofit; demonstrated success in receiving government and foundation grants; resourceful in different types of funding opportunities; experience working with foundations and senior corporate executives; strong verbal communications skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively; strong partnership-building and event planning skills; outstanding people skills; minimum of Bachelor’s degree and experience with museums a plus.
To be considered for candidacy for this position, submit cover letter and resume online to Jay Belloli at email@example.com. Phone is 626.568.3665 x 15.
About the PMCA
The mission of the Pasadena Museum of California art is to present the breadth of California art and design through exhibitions that explore the cultural dynamics and influences that are unique to California.
Contact:Jay Belloli, Interim Executive Director
Phone:626.568.3665 x 15
Addressee:Pasadena Museum of California Art
Address: 490 E. Union