Arts Jobs - DetailDevelopment Director
The Gabriella Foundation
Los Angeles, CA
The Gabriella Foundation (TGF), www.gabri.org, a non-profit organization, was established in 1999 in memory of Gabriella Axelrad, a thirteen-year-old who loved to dance. The organization's mission is to transform the lives of underserved youth in Los Angeles through high-quality dance instruction.
TGF's original program, everybody dance!, began as a free after-school dance program in 2000 in an affordable housing project near downtown Los Angeles. Today, it is an award-winning program that serves over 3,000 students annually in both in-school and afterschool settings as the leading provider of high-quality dance instruction in the city's impacted, underserved communities.
The Gabriella Foundation is in search of a full-time Development Director, under the direction of the Executive Director, responsible for resource and fund development to support programs and management, and meeting organizational revenue budgets. The position is also responsible for building the organization’s development infrastructure and support systems to increase capacity for fundraising, including marketing and external communications. The position supervises all Development Department staff.
- Resource Development: Provide leadership, oversight and management to ensure revenue generation and resource development to meet organization needs. Lead the creation of a multi-year fundraising plan and in consultation with the Executive Director, develop and manage major gifts program, oversee all aspects of the grants process, and coordinate fundraising events
- Operations Development: Build effective development systems and operations to support required levels of resource development including developing standards and protocols for maintaining and managing donor/prospect database, the grants development process, ensuring an effective development department recordkeeping system, and a responsive system for donor correspondence and communications
- Capacity Building: Build fundraising skills and capacity among the Board of Directors, the senior management team, and organization as a whole by providing strategic and technical guidance on fundraising efforts and activities; conducting fundraising training to staff and board to increase fundraising skills; structuring, supporting and monitoring Board and staff fundraising assignments to optimize individual assets and organizational opportunities
- Marketing: Provide strategic leadership in marketing, external messaging and communications to the organization’s constituencies, increase visibility and support by providing ongoing development and evaluation of marketing materials, and directing and overseeing maintenance of social media outreach and communications
- Bachelor Degree in management, marketing or related field
- Minimum of five years of experience in successful major gifts solicitation, fundraising
- events and grants
- Knowledge and experience in building a development department or operations within
- a nonprofit
- Management and supervisory experience
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work successfully with executive and board levels of an organization
Compensation: $75,000-$95,000/year DOE + Benefits
Employment Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Application Procedure: Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com by April 28, 2017. No calls. Start Date: July 3, 2017.
THE GABRIELLA FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER