Arts Jobs - DetailAdministrative Assistant
Hijinx Arts Mgmt & PR
Los Angeles, CA
Seeking motivated, hardworking, and focused assistant for artist management & arts PR firm. Must be flexible and maintain open availability in addition to a professional demeanor and attire. Knowledge of contemporary art and experience in communications preferred. Assistant handles all aspects of coordinating meetings, artist schedules, and will work directly with owner and head publicist Heidi Johnson.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Liaise with artists, gallerists
- Update company website with media hits, press releases, images from openings
- Resize images and export for web
- Coordinate assets for new events/openings: images, press releases, bios
- Write press releases – must be able to write about a wide variety of art in an accessible way
- Update internal programs i.e. dropbox, google drive, meltwater
- Maintain an organized file system
- Maintain and update submissions lists, calendar listings, event listings, media contact lists
- Coordinate with artists for new images, updated bios and resumes (will need to rewrite on occasion)
- Foster relationships with clients; check in for updates, new artworks, upcoming projects
- Make e-blasts and newsletters - maintain consistent schedule.
- Coordinate meetings and maintain schedule
- Create show cards, social graphics
- Proofread work
- Participate in production meetings and other events as needed including: opening receptions, event nights, workshops, artist talks, and more.
- Drop off and pick up work from Carol, Christine when necessary
- Coordinate photographers for clients for new images, videos.
- Essentially you will need to herd cats.
Familiarity with: Mailchimp, Photoshop, InDesign, Google Drive, MS Word, Excel. Meltwater, Winmo experience a plus!
30 to 40 hours per week. $17 per hour to start. Independent contractor.
Contact:Heidi D Johnson
Address: 1850 Silver Lake Blvd