Arts Jobs - DetailAssociate Event Producer, Development
San Francisco, CA
The Associate Event Producer assists in designing, planning, and execution of fundraising and stewardship events essential to the organization’s fundraising goals, focusing primarily on our annual Gala. The Associate Event Producer acts as a liaison between the Development and Production/Operations departments, as well as outside vendors involved in special events, and is central to successful event execution for the department. The Associate Event Producer will gain an excellent understanding of how a major arts presenter effectively builds a donor base through special events and creates and maintains a successful event program.
The Associate Event Producer should have a strong background in producing a large-scale or multipart fundraising event from start to finish. Background and experience in event and vendor management, permitting, catering, or related field required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Manage the coordination of timelines, logistics, and communications for the execution of the annual Gala and related events.
- Serve as a representative of the Development Department in weekly Production and Operations meetings;
- Keep the Associate Director of Development Events and Development team up to date on key production efforts, issues, and initiatives surrounding the Gala;
- Identify and secure internal resources and assess potential conflicts in the planning of events, meetings, and other on-site donor activities;
- Manage volunteers and coordinate staff in the set-up, registration, breakdown and related aspects of events;
- Develop and manage event budgets, including predicting and tracking costs, processing invoices, and managing all department inventories;
- Track event sales and RSVPs, including fielding questions from the public and generating sales and attendance reports;
- Manage permitting process and event floorplans;
- Manage shared files and digital workspace across organization;
- Manage all Gala listings in the organization’s event calendaring systems;
- Collect, share, and assist in evaluating vendor proposals;
- Work collaboratively and professionally within the Development team and within the organization at large.
Any other duties as assigned.
Address: 201 Franklin Street at Fell