Press Release Detail
|August 01, 2012||Mary Beth Barber|
Grants will help develop local arts organizations and build the infrastructure and network of the Arts Council's State-Local Partnership Program
"The counties' local arts agencies are the backbone of California's arts infrastructure," said Craig Watson, Director of the California Arts Council. "The California Arts Council is dedicated to supporting local arts agencies and providing technical assistance for small and growing local arts agencies, including those in rural parts of the state."
A local arts agency is a nonprofit organization or government agency officially designated by a County Board of Supervisors to serve the arts and culture in its community in partnership with the California Arts Council. The local arts agencies that received these technical assistance grants for peer consultations are:
- Yuba/Sutter Regional Arts Council (Yuba and Sutter Counties), $750
- Visalia Arts Consortium (Tulare County), $750
- Fresno Arts Council (Fresno County), $750
- Lassen County Arts Council (Lassen County), $750
- Siskiyou Arts Council (Siskiyou County), $750
- Trinity County Arts Council (Trinity County), $750
- Friends of the Arts, Butte County (Butte County), $750
- Shasta County Arts Council (Shasta County), $750
- Mono Council for the Arts (Mono County), $1,090
- Arts Council for Mendocino County (Mendocino County), $750
- Sierra County Arts Council (Sierra County), $750
Members of the media interested in more information about the California Arts Council's State-Local Partnership Program may contact Mary Beth Barber, Information Officer, at 916-322-6588 or email@example.com. For more information on the California Arts Council, please go to http://www.arts.ca.gov/ .
The mission of the California Arts Council, a state agency, is to advance California through the Arts and Creativity. Members of the California Arts Council include: Chair Malissa Feruzzi Shriver, Vice Chair William Turner, Wylie Aitken, Michael Alexander, Andrew Green, Adam Hubbard, Charmaine Jefferson, Terry Lenihan, Susan Steinhauser, and Rosalind Wyman.