At the arts council
Hurricane Sandy Got You Thinking about Emergency Preparedness?
It's never too early to prepare
As Californians watch from the distance of 2-3,000 miles, Hurricane Sandy is wreaking havoc not only with people's lives, property, transportation, job and school schedules, etc., but also with the Northeast's cultural organizations, institutions, collections and performance schedules...as well as with artists' lives. It's never too early to prepare for potential emergencies.
For more on the current East Coast situation:
- Grantsmakers in the Arts (a great collection of websites)
- Americans for the Arts' response
- Craft Emergency Relief Fund response
- Disaster Grantmaking from the Council on Foundations
- Center for Disaster Philanthropy
- American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works' response
- Keep Track of What's Happening Arts-wise in NYC Through the GalleristNY Blog
While the West Coast is not suffering an emergency, take a look at the Arts Council's Emergency Preparedness web page and make a plan.