Artist Call DetailNewport Beach Art Exhibition
For Southern CA artists
The 53rd Annual Newport Beach Art Exhibition presents an opportunity for artists to show and sell their artwork to the public in a one-day exhibit, with a portion of the proceeds benefiting community art programs throughout the year.
- The exhibition is open to all artists 18 years of age and older.
- Exhibition is limited to two (2) works of art per artist. Registration is required and will be limited as space permits. Photos of entries must accompany application.
- Entry fees: $30 for one entry. $40 for two entries.
- Deadline is May 26, 2017 or at Art Exhibition capacity as determined by the City Arts Commission.
- Original artwork only! Please do not submit works done in school, under instructor supervision or copied from published photos, artist reproductions or giclees. Photography must be signed and numbered.
- Substitutions cannot be made on accepted art. If a work of art is no longer available on the Exhibition date, an alternate work of art may be accepted for display purposes only, at the discretion of the NBAE Committee, and will NOT be eligible for competition.
- Works must have been created within the last two years.
- All two-dimensional artwork must be framed.
- Two-dimensional artwork size limit: 36” wide x 48” high, including frame.
- Artist must provide a table-top easel to display two-dimensional artwork up to 24” x 24”.
- Artist must provide a sturdy standup easel for artwork with any dimensions larger than 24”.
- Three-dimensional size limit: only works 30 lbs. or less will be accepted.
- Artist must provide pedestal for three-dimensional artwork.
- Work must be for sale. A 20% donation to the Newport Beach Arts Foundation will be accepted on all sales.
- Delivery and retrieval of all artwork must be done in person – or by a designated representative - on the assigned day and time. NBAE can neither accept nor return any shipped artwork.
- Painting: Oils & Acrylics: 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100
- Painting: Watercolors (includes Ink, Pencil and Charcoal): 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100
- Photography: 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100
- 3D Art (includes Sculpture and 3D Mixed Media): $300
- Juror’s Choice: $100
- People’s Choice: $100
- Honorable Mentions: No cash award
- Categories can be changed at the Juror's discretion
- Entry Deadline: May 26, 2017
- Artist’s Delivery of Artwork: Friday, June 16: 3:00-6:00 p.m. and Saturday, June 17: 9:00-10:30 a.m.
- Art Exhibit and Sale: Saturday, June 17: 1:00-6:00 p.m.
- Awards Reception: Saturday, June 17: 4:30 p.m.
- Artist’s Artwork Retrieval: Saturday, June 17, 6:00 p.m. Artists are responsible for retrieving their artwork promptly at show closing. No early removal.
Sales: Sales are handled by the Newport Beach Arts Foundation with 20% donation going to support community art programs and services.
Newport Beach Arts Commission
Newport Beach, CA
Contact: Francine Jacome