Artist Call Detail26th Annual Entry-Fee-Free Call for New Work
For SF Bay Area artists
Southern Exposure’s Annual Entry-Fee-Free Call for New Work by Bay Area Artists
2017 Juried Screening
Juried by Christy LeMaster, founder of The Nightingale Cinema, Chicago
Southern Exposure invites Bay Area artists to submit new moving image work for the 2017 Juried Screening.
RULES & INFORMATION
Absolutely none! Never! Nope!
Friday, November 17, 2017, 11:59 PM
Who is eligible:
Open to artists living in San Francisco, Alameda, Contra Costa, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, Napa, Marin, and Sonoma Counties. Artists may work in collaboration with artists from outside the Bay Area. Work selected for this program will exemplify Southern Exposure’s mission and our commitment to supporting new, innovative, risk-taking contemporary visual art practices.
What work will be considered:
- Work that is presented in video form for linear viewing. Original format(s) may be in film or other media. Any genre is acceptable, i.e. experimental, narrative, animation, documentary, performance-based work, etc.
- Total running time of work must be less than twenty minutes.
- Work must have been completed after January 1, 2016.
- Work must be available as a digital downloadable video file via vimeo.com, youtube.com, dropbox.com, or other transfer site or personal web page.
- Final edit of work must be submitted by deadline.
Jurying and Notification:
Artists whose work has been accepted to the screening will be notified by email by 7:00 PM on Friday, December 1, 2017. Don’t email us. We’ll email you!
Saturday, December 9, 2017
7:00 —9:00 PM
ABOUT THE SCREENING JUROR
Christy LeMaster founded Chicago’s microcinema, The Nightingale, in 2008. She has programmed screenings for the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago, Chicago Filmmakers, Columbia College Chicago, The Onion City Experimental Film and Video Festival, The Chicago Underground Film Festival, Chicago Film Archives, Sector 2337, and Intuit Gallery. She teaches Media Theory at Columbia College Chicago and has been a movie critic on the NPR Chicago affiliate, WBEZ’s morning show 848 and CINE-FILE.info.
San Francisco, CA
Contact: Valerie Imus