Artist Call DetailFolk Art Pop-Up Show
For California artists
CALL FOR EMERGING ARTISTS:
Los Gatos Art Haus seeks collaborators for our upcoming Winter pop-up show.
Folk art. Textile art. Woodblock prints. Self-taught art.
Do you finger paint? We wanna see it!
To us, folk art is art of the everyday. In contrast to fine art, folk art is primarily utilitarian and decorative [rather than purely aesthetic]. Folk Art is characterized by a naive style, in which traditional rules of proportion and perspective are not employed.
(But honestly.... If you're interested, we highly encourate you to apply!)
Wednesday, January 10 - Thursday, January 11, 2018
12 PM – 7 PM
Thursday, January 25 - Sunday, January 28, 2018
Original artwork should generally cost $2,000 and under
Gallery pricing and studio pricing must be consistent
ON THE DAY OF YOUR “ARTIST AUDITION”, PLEASE BRING:
- 8 – 12 original works of art
- Inventory Sheet: Image, Title, Medium, Size, Price
- Your story, your unique personality, & your enthusiasm for your work
- Artists will have 30 minutes to present their work.
- To view available appointment times, please visit: www.jcosplace.com/jan-artist-auditions
TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT:
-Email email@example.com with:
- 3 preferred (available) time slots
- 3 images of your work (titled as:
- Your Artist's Statement / CV
Voila! We will be in touch with you via email to confirm your appointment time.
Bridget McMahon // Art Haus Director
JCO’S Art Haus
805 University, # E • Los Gatos, CA 95070
JCO'S Art Haus
Los Gatos, CA
Contact: Bridget McMahon