Artist Call DetailArtist Call for Juried Show
For International artists
Artists are invited to submit up to 5 two-dimensional works to our juried show, "Guilty Pleasures". The exhibition runs November 10 - December 3, 2017. Opening night is during Vallejo's Art Walk, Friday, November 10, 5:00 - 9:00. An Artist's Reception will be Saturday, November 11, 5:00 - 7:00. In addition to regular hours, the gallery will also have extended hours opening weekend for Vallejo's Open Studios weekend, so there will be extensive opportunity for exposure of your work if selected for inclusion.
Local, national and international artists welcome to submit up to 5 works per entry, 2-dimensional works only (must be able to hang on the wall), 4' wide max, 8' high max, and all hanging hardware must be included with your work.
THEME: Guilty Pleasures is open for your interpretation and does not have to be a literal interpretation. For example, you may be a landscape painter and your guilty pleasure is to escape to the outdoors to paint. If so, please title your work accordingly and in reference to a guilty pleasure. Sorry, but we do not accept sexually explicit work. All styles and media (or mixed media) accepted as long as it is wall hung work. The relation to the theme could be in title only.
Jurors are Jen Tough (gallery owner/director) and Ridj Johnson (artist, gallery co-director).
DEADLINE MIDNIGHT, OCTOBER 1
- Entry fee is $25 for 5 pieces
- Pay your entry fee HERE
- Proof of payment must accompany your emailed submission. Proof can be a scanned receipt, a PDF, or a screen grab showing payment, attached to your entry email. Submissions without proof of payment will not be reviewed.
- please send proof of payment with your submission images (not in a separate email as it may get lost)
- Submissions must be digital, sent via email
- images must be attached to an email (not embedded in the body of the email)
- Please send images as: jpeg (.jpg), med to low resolution, RGB (not CMYK or lab color). Just use common sense with this... nothing too large or or too pixelated
- Please do not use any compression software or google drive/dropbox etc. If you need to compress images, please lower resolution to send
- Artist is responsible for all shipping charges to and from gallery
- Local, international and national artists welcome to submit work
- Submission does not guarantee inclusion in "Guilty Pleasures" exhibition
IN THE BODY OF YOUR SUBMISSION EMAIL, INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Artist Name, Phone Number, Short Bio (one paragraph max)
- List the TITLE of each attached work, medium, size, year completed
- Subject line of your email: YOUR NAME_GUILTY PLEASURES SUBMISSION
TITLE YOUR ATTACHED JPEG's LIKE THIS:
- Artist Last Name_Title of Work
EMAIL TO: ToughGallerySubmissions@gmail.com
Not so small print: By submitting to Jen Tough Gallery, you agree to all of the following: to pay for all shipping expenses to and from gallery, that your work(s) will be for sale on a consignment basis at the gallery, and if sold Gallery and Artist split retail price 50/50, that artwork is fully insured while at the gallery, that gallery is not insured or responsible for shipping loss or damage, and that if work is lost, stolen, or damaged beyond repair while at the gallery, gallery will pay artist their 50% as if the work had sold. Phew!
Jen Tough Gallery
Contact: Jen Tough