Arts Jobs - DetailMarketing Associate
San Francisco Playhouse
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco Playhouse is the second-largest nonprofit theatre company in San Francisco. Having grown from storefront to 200-seat theatre in just 10 years, we are powered by a team of energetic and innovative theatre lovers. Founded in 2003 as a 501(c)3 not-for-profit theatre company, our programming includes a six-play mainstage season and a three-play Sandbox Series of world premieres, plus a Rising Star Education Program for high school students. Refer to our website, sfplayhouse.org, for more information on our company.
The marketing department is responsible for generating interest and ticket sales for every San Francisco Playhouse production as well as season subscription offerings. The marketing associate is an integral part of the marketing team, and is responsible for all community outreach. The marketing associate is tasked with a wide range of activities, including developing and maintaining marketing campaigns, building partnerships with community organizations, strengthening relationships with area businesses, and drafting and creating promotional materials.
As of: October 10th, 2017
Hours: 30-32 per week
Status: Full-Time, Hourly, Non-exempt
The Marketing Associate reports directly to the Marketing Director.
- Assist Marketing Director with all marketing campaigns, including annual subscriptions and individual ticket sales.
- Manage social media and maintain content calendars for platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and more.
- Assist with digital marketing efforts including PPC, SEO, and retargeting.
- Maintain the company website (web skills and experience with Wordpress required).
- Maintain digital & print advertising placement.
- Manage email lists and draft and design email campaigns. (Mailchimp knowledge required)
- Assist in development of creative advertising assets
- Design and manipulate graphics through the use of Photoshop, Illustrator, and other graphic design software.
- Assist in the creation of other print materials (brochures, postcards) as needed.
- Analyze sales trends through use of Excel, VBO, Google Analytics, and other software.
- Manage at-venue subscription sales, including communication with patrons, creation of in-house displays, and distribution of collateral
- Assist in the creation of playbills for Main and Sandbox stages by collecting data and communicating with relevant parties
- Maintain the marketing calendar and send reminders to appropriate parties regarding due dates.
- A self-starter with the ability to use creative skills to generate ideas and follow through with execution
- BA/BS degree required, with a preference for candidates with a marketing background
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Excel, and Wordpress
- Willingness to explore new areas, and a curiosity for all aspects of the theatre
- Outgoing personality, with the drive to communicate with patrons and local businesses to grow our audience
- Paid Sick Leave (per state and local ordinances)
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation Accrual
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- HCSO Compliant Health Expense Policy