Arts Jobs - DetailArt Handler / Installer / Driver
Ship Art International
South San Francisco, CA
Founded in 1987, Ship/Art provides fine art services in the Bay Area, specializing in the handling of high value items. We provide clients around the world with packing, crating, transportation and storage. Ship/Art through it diversification of services is able to work with a vast client base. Our clients include Museums, Galleries, Private Collectors and Dealers. We provide services to clients with needs for expert handling, packing and transport of fine arts, antiques and technical equipment.
We are located in South San Francisco and are open Monday thru Friday 9am-5 pm. We are a 10 minute walk from San Bruno BART station and close to the South Airport Blvd Exit off 101.
Under the guidance and direction of the truck manager, the Art Handler/Driver will be responsible for the safe, efficient and professional operation of Company trucks while delivering to our customers. The employee must also assist or complete required services as outlined by Bill of Ladings and/or instructions as assigned by the lead driver or dispatcher.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Understands basis aspects of art handling and installation of artwork in a safe and efficient manner
- Packs and handles artwork for delivery
- Loads and unloads trucks
- Operates a company vehicle to safely deliver product to customers
- Reviews all paperwork to insure complete and accurate deliveries
- Communicates with Dispatch via cell phone timely information concerning deliveries
- Maintains compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations
- Maintains all required paperwork i.e. truck log, top-sheets, bills of lading of jobs in progress, and returns reconciled expense reports with receipts
- Performs emergency roadside repairs when applicable and/or contacts service vendors when appropriate
- Provides friendly, quality professional service to customers always and develops close working relationships
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
- 2 years of art handling and commercial truck driving experience preferred
- Must be willing and capable to work a flexible schedule
- Must be available to travel overnight and long distance
- Ability to resolve routine questions/problems
- Ability to identify root cause(s) for some problems
- Ability to follow very detailed instructions and specific protocols to maintain safety of artwork and co-workers
- Experience in handling art works, knowledge of fixings, hanging systems, art transport, packing/storage
- Awareness/understanding of the different handling needs of paintings
- Ability to physically carry out the work required in lifting/moving artworks
- Awareness/understanding of supports and frames is a plus
- An ability to work as part of a team and as an individual; good communication skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50-60 lbs sustained and up to 100 lbs
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent, college degree preferred
- Required to possess a valid California driver license and a clean driving record at the time and duration of employment.
- Requires each incumbent to complete and pass STA application and verification.
- Requires background check, employment physical, performance evaluation (lifting test), and/or drug test
- Status must be maintained for the duration of employment at Ship/Art
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, sit, bend, lift, and use hands. Movement may occur in warehouses and offices. Employee will be in truck cab for extended periods and must exhibit physical agility to enter and exit trucks and/or trailers. Employee will be exposed to outside weather conditions on a frequent basis. Employee must be able to lift 75 lbs unassisted and must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 300lbs with assistance of mechanical equipment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee may perform on an occasional to regular basis while performing functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform these functions.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you possess the experience and qualifications outlined, please visit http://shipart.com/employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, medical condition or disability or protected veteran status. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the Human Resources Department at (650) 952-0100.
Benefits : Ship/Art International offers a competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, AD&D, Paid Time Off, Retirement Savings Plan, and free museum memberships.
Ship/Art International provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ship/Art complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.