Arts Jobs - DetailMarketing Community Relations Manager
SCU Presents Santa Clara University
Santa Clara, CA
The Marketing Community Relations Manager provides marketing management, revenue generation, and program oversight. Develop a strategic marketing plan to expand the arts reach of SCU Presents at Santa Clara University into the University and Silicon Valley. To develop, implement and evaluate marketing strategies to meet or exceed the SCU. Presents - revenue and attendance goals, and to play a key role in planning and executing
- Revenue generating marketing plans, including, those for season and single ticket campaigns and ancillary sales
- Public and media relations and
- Coordinate Front of House Operations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Functional Area
- In charge of generating growth in audience development by targeting the correct customer base with a variety of marketing techniques. This includes planning, executing marketing campaigns, recommending appropriate sales and marketing channels, overseeing and implementing creative components, including graphic design, and guiding the research and analysis of market data.
- Develop and implement a marketing strategy for SCU•Presents concerts, shows, programs, activities, classes, events, exhibits and operations to the community.
- Collaborate with the Director on the continued strategic development of the brand through ensuring a consistent and coherent approach across all media.
- Work to increase visibility, attendance and generate revenue by developing and implementing strategic communications and marketing practices to targeted audiences.
- Develop with the Director and implement a marketing plan for season subscriptions, single tickets and audience development.
- Develop strategies and manage logistics for direct mail, advertising and online campaigns.
- Manage marketing project budgets and schedules.
- Generate ticket sales revenue and meet or exceed projections.
- Develop contracts for advertising and vendor services.
- Collaborate, develop and secure media sponsors, advertising, promotions and partnerships.
- Write and edit copy for marketing collateral, advertising, newsletter, e-blasts and Web site. Basic graphic design ability a plus.
- Develop and implement the production of marketing materials in conjunction internal stakeholders and outside vendors.
- Develop and implement direct mail and email campaigns including managing list requisitions and trades.
- Analyze and report on campaigns, evaluating response rates and ROI to make recommendations of how to maximize net revenue.
- Recommend data and technology-driven marketing and CRM strategies.
- Manage staff and students on marketing projects.
- Oversee marketing database, archives and departmental retrieval systems.
- Utilize excellent customer service skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with University employees and students, and all members of the general public.
2. Functional Area
- Work with a creative team of graphic artists and photographers, to develop and implement marketing collateral materials.
- Develop and maintain e-marketing campaign, including email marketing and develop, maintain and regularly update the SCU.Presents website.
3. Functional Area
- Front of House Operations
- Hire, train and supervise the Patrons Services Coordinator
- Oversee the general operation, through the Patrons Services Coordinator, the Front of House, including, Box Office, House Management and Concessions.
4. Functional Area
- Public/ Media Relations
- Develop and implement public and media relation campaigns to increase visibility of the arts. Work with the Office of Marketing Communication.
- Develop marketing strategies to increase media coverage including the generation of media events, news releases, and public service announcements.
- Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of all publicity campaigns.