Arts Jobs - DetailDevelopment and Marketing Associate
San Francisco, CA
ABOUT CREATIVITY EXPLORED
Creativity Explored gives artists with developmental disabilities the means to create and share their work with the community, celebrating the power of art to change lives. CE's first studio officially opened in 1983 with fewer than 20 artists. Since then, we have grown to serve over 135 artists at two studios. CE remains the only dedicated arts program of its kind in San Francisco and welcomes over 15,000 community members to our studios and gallery each year.
The Development and Marketing Associate will support Creativity Explored's development and marketing plans, helping to facilitate success for CE artists by sharing their work and stories with the community, and to meet earned and contributed revenue goals that support CE and our artists. The Associate will carry out an array of development and marketing tasks in a fun, fast-paced environment, with daily contact with CE artists.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be committed to our message of inclusivity for artists with developmental disabilities
- Be a self-directed, detail-oriented team player who thrives on learning new things and coordinating multiple projects
- Foster communication and collaboration with staff, board and artists across the organization, from our gallery to our programs
- Use a continuous improvement approach to systems and procedures
- Institutional fundraising including grant writing, research, reporting, and tracking
- Management and maintenance of
- electronic and paper development files
- donor database (NetSuite) including data input, maintenance, and reporting
- Support for individual donor program, including
- gift acknowledgement
- meeting and event invitation coordination
- coordination of direct mail, email and cultivation campaigns
- Support for events, including
- cultivation events
- CE's annual gala, Art Changes Lives
- Implement marketing and communications plan for larger CE organization and its exhibitions, programs, sales, and events, including:
- Promotion of art and art products
- Social media and email communications
- Advertising via social media and other means
- Writing press releases
- Placing calendar and other listings
- Website maintenance, including updates to pages, blog, and online store
- Assist with development of marketing and communications plan
- Assist with content strategy development
- Help maintain and grow contact lists related to diverse lines of business
- Support changes or adjustments to CE brand and organizational adherence to style guides
- Manage CE content, including storage and manipulation of images
- Conduct research to strengthen marketing and communications practices
POSITION SELECTION CRITERIA
- Bachelor's in Fine Arts, Arts Administration, Social Work, Communications; or equivalent experience preferred. Experience in museums, galleries, community arts nonprofits and other arts-related businesses preferred
- A strong connection with CE's mission
- Minimum one year's development or communications experience preferred
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Team orientation, with demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people
- Demonstrated experience coordinating projects involving multiple players
- Outstanding written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed, entrepreneurial approach
- Strong data and project management skills
- Complete and maintain CPR, First Aid, OSHA certification (initial certification to be completed within 30 days of date of hire).
- Complete Creativity Explored staff training pertinent to position job responsibilities as assigned.
- Offers are subject to satisfactory Criminal Records Clearance check and proof of negative TB test results.
Benefits including health, dental and vision insurance, and vacation and sick pay.
Based at Creativity Explored, 3245 16th Street, and CE2, 1 Arkansas Street in San Francisco
Development Director AND Director of Marketing and Partnerships
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and professional writing sample by email to the attention of: email@example.com. NO CALLS PLEASE.
APPLICATION MATERIALS WILL BE ACCEPTED THROUGH 9:00 PM ON SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 12, 2017.