Arts Jobs - DetailMarketing & Development Coordinator
Sunset Cultural Center, Inc.
Job Title: Marketing & Development Coordinator
Department: Marketing & Development
Reports to: Dual reports to the Marketing Manager & Development Manager
Job Type: Full-time, non-exempt
Sunset Cultural Center, Inc. (SCC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation that was formed in October of 2003 to manage the historic Sunset Community & Cultural Center. What began as a public school in 1926 has been transformed into a state-of-the-art performing arts center with an intimate 718-seat theater, stunning gothic architecture, and incredible acoustics. Our $3 million annual operating budget includes the presentation of 20-25 main stage programs each season, a comprehensive outreach and arts education effort, and the employment of 14 FT staff members. Additionally, SCC oversees the historic outdoor Forest Theater also located in idyllic Carmel-by-the-Sea.
General Purpose/Major Responsibilities
The Sunset Cultural Center in Carmel, CA is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, and self-motivated Marketing & Development Coordinator to join our team. In addition to specific responsibilities outlined below, it is the Coordinator’s role to act as the administrative contact between SCC and its visitors, clients, patrons and Carmel residents. Work days are Monday through Friday and will include occasional evenings and weekends depending on performances and events at Sunset Center. The Marketing & Development Coordinator will have responsibilities including, but not limited to,
- Produce collateral for Sunset Center events including show programs, posters, brochures,
web and print ads
- Ensure sponsor recognition and correct billing is fulfilled across all collateral
- Maintain and keep organized up-to-date information, photos, graphics and videos for shows and events
- Draft e-blasts and assist with other electronic communications such as newsletters and surveys
- Draft press releases; maintain up to date and accurate press room pages online and as well as press contacts lists
- Maintain website, particularly ensuring accurate calendar and show-specific event pages
- Manage existing and create new social media accounts; be a standard bearer for consistent content and dynamic patron engagement
- Maintain various online event calendar listings
- Keep display kiosks, information tables and off-site distribution sites up to date with current posters and collateral
- Assist the Development Manager in creating, managing, and organizing all development materials (brochures, collateral, signage, etc.) that include but are not limited to membership, donations, and fundraising
- Manage all donations/memberships and patron profiles in the Development Database
- Create and distribute fundraising/thank you letters to donors and granting organizations
- Manage new membership and membership renewals
- Create and distribute all membership program fulfillment packets and benefits
- Assist in fundraising plans, campaigns, events and annual gala
- Assist in all VIP, Membership, and development events, receptions as well as the
- Assist in managing and communications with hospitality partners
- Meet and greet visitors, determine needs and refer appropriately
- Answer and appropriately direct telephone calls. Record messages and/or forward telephone calls to appropriate employee or voicemail.
- Pick up and date stamp mail
- Perform general clerical duties including but not limited to filing, photocopying, faxing, emailing, and mailing as required
- Maintain and track facility Lost and Found items
- Organize and maintain office supply inventory as well as staff room; order office supplies
- Accept, photocopy or scan and record all checks as directed by the Finance Director
- High-level writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Intermediate to advanced graphic design skills, including design software such as the
Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop and InDesign
- Online marketing experience and social media best practices knowledge
- Knowledge of basic fundraising processes
- Exceptional patron, donor and visitor service skills and attitude
- Experience in Database Management – particularly Development Software
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Publisher,
- Familiarity with Constant Contact or other email marketing systems
- Experience maintaining web pages in a CMS environment and/or confidence in learning
The Marketing & Development Coordinator will have a Bachelor’s degree and two or more years of professional experience in marketing, development or non-profit administration (preferably in the arts). Passion for and background in the arts is a huge plus.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Various benefits are offered, including medical insurance.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and be prepared with three current professional references that can speak to your ability to perform the referenced responsibilities. Please submit the above list of items in a single PDF document to Gina Delli-Gatti at email@example.com. Phone calls will not be accepted. Principals only (no recruiters please). Applications that do not follow this format will not be considered.
Thank you for your interest!
**Sunset Cultural Center, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to a diverse and harmonious workplace. We extend our thanks and appreciation to all applicants for their expressed interest in working at SCC and will contact those selected for an interview.