Arts Jobs - DetailPatron Services Manager
Sunset Cultural Center, Inc.
Job Title: Patron Services Manager
Department: Box Office
Reports to: Finance Director
Job Type: Full-time, non-exempt
Sunset Cultural Center, Inc. (SCC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation that was formed in October of 2003 to manage the historic Sunset Community & Cultural Center. What began as a public school in 1926 has been transformed into a state-of-the-art performing arts center with an intimate 718-seat theater, stunning gothic architecture, and incredible acoustics. Our $3 million annual operating budget includes the presentation of 20-25 main stage programs each season, a comprehensive outreach and arts education effort, and the employment of 14 FT staff members. Additionally, SCC oversees the historic outdoor Forest Theater also located in idyllic Carmel-by-the-Sea.
General Purpose/Major Responsibilities
The Sunset Cultural Center in Carmel, CA is seeking a dynamic, team-oriented individual as a full-time Patron Services Manager. The Sunset Cultural Center is a multi-use performance facility featuring a 718 seat proscenium theater. The hours for this position vary. Some evening and weekend work is required. Under the direction of the Finance Director, this position ensures the smooth, efficient and effective day-to-day operations of the box office.
- Oversee/complete all ticketing accounting including daily receipts, deposits, cash handling and reconciliation.
- Supervise Ticket Sellers and Will Call Volunteers, ensuring proper staffing levels.
- Manage seating inventory and accurately report on sales activities.
- Supervise ticket fulfillment process.
- Oversee/complete sales operations in ticketing system including event and series set-up and system functionality as well as maintenance of online ticketing system.
- Manage sales and patron data.
- Provide correct and efficient operation of the computerized box office system (currently Patron Edge) ticket printers, Internet sales program and the box office telephone system.
- Maintain and monitor electronic ticketing system and resolve customer service issues.
- Update management and promoters with ticket sales information.
- Process orders via mail, telephone, Internet, group sales and reservations, as well as in-person counter sales.
- Responsible for taking payment in various forms – cash, checks, credit and debit cards and gift vouchers.
- Prepare final Box Office reports and complete event settlements.
- Ensure high-quality experience for all customers.
- All other duties & responsibilities as assigned.
- Other administrative duties as required include telephoning customers to resolve queries, updating customer records and serve as back up to administration as needed.
- Assist customers in a polite, friendly and helpful manner, representing the Sunset Center to the public, business contacts and visiting companies. Take opportunities to make customers aware of relevant special offers, other shows and services. Provide positive and accurate information and assistance in response to inquiries.
- Work as a team with marketing and rental staff on scheduled performances, programs and events. Assist in the implementation of patron surveys and other marketing campaigns. Provide support at Sunset Cultural Center events and programs as needed.
- Minimum two years Box Office experience required.
- Minimum two years supervisory experience required.
- Strong knowledge of computer applications, including ticketing software (tix.com, Tessitura, Vendini, etc.), Word, Excel, and email, is required.
- Post-secondary education – diploma or certificate. Major course work or related experience in theater arts or related field preferred.
- Visual acuity to differentiate and analyze data and figures on various media.
- Able to quickly navigate facilities, including stairs and seating areas.
- Able to use computer keyboard.
- Able to work calmly under pressure, show initiative and plan ahead.
- Must prepare and present concise written reports and communicate effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to quickly manage multiple complex job functions and problem solve.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Various benefits are offered, including medical insurance.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, salary requirements and three current professional references that can speak to your ability to perform the referenced responsibilities. Please submit the above list of items in a single PDF document to Agha Bilal at firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone calls will not be accepted. Principals only (no recruiters please). Applications that do not follow this format will not be considered.
Thank you for your interest!
**Sunset Cultural Center, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to a diverse and harmonious workplace. We extend our thanks and appreciation to all applicants for their expressed interest in working at SCC and will contact those selected for an interview.