Arts Jobs - DetailOffice Manager
Resounding Joy Inc
San Diego, CA
Resounding Joy Background Information:
- Barbara Reuer, an internationally-recognized leader in music therapy, founded Resounding Joy in 2004 and has guided the organization’s growth from a group of volunteers with a closet of instruments to San Diego's primary nonprofit provider of music therapy. Resounding Joy provides music therapy to the community through four programs designed for underserved populations: Semper Sound, Mindful Music, Sound Minds, and Healing Notes.
- Semper Sound is devoted to working directly with service members and veterans with combat-related stress and trauma.
- Mindful Music trains volunteers to use recreational and supportive music with seniors of all abilities.
- Sound Minds facilitates weekly sessions at high school infant centers, providing teen parents an opportunity to reconnect with their children during the school day.
- Healing Notes provides free music therapy to improve medical outcomes and quality of life for children struggling with severe or life-limiting diagnoses.
During 2017, Resounding Joy’s team of board-certified music therapists will reach over 1,300 individuals (7,000 contacts). An additional 2,000 individuals will benefit from volunteer-led supportive or recreational music. In alignment with its mission, the vast majority of Resounding Joy's services will be provided free of charge.
The Office Manager provides accounting/bookkeeping services and assists in numerous and varied projects including the planning of special events, managing critical administrative projects, and providing customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Bookkeeping – record and input earned and contributed revenue, pay invoices, make bank deposits, and communicate with third party accounting service.
- Data Management – record contributed revenue and donor activities into donor database.
- Donor Acknowledgement – send thank you letters and make thank you calls to donors.
- Customer Service – answer phones, field questions from clients and volunteers.
- Administrative Assistance – assist CEO (copying and scanning materials, postage, filing) and order office supplies as needed from appropriate vendors.
- Event Management – record all event registrations, lead registration teams at large events, and process transactions using event software.
- Records Management – track relevant registrations and apply for renewals as needed.
- Human Resources – assist with HR tasks, input payroll info, perform background checks, and provide preliminary orientation for new volunteers and employees.
- Exercise good judgment and confidentiality in dealing with volunteers, donors, and staff.
- Attend and participate in event-related activities and meetings as requested by Executive Director.
- Provide limited technical support with printers, computers (both Mac and Windows), and internet connection.
- Limited nights and weekends required.
- Assist with other related tasks as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Passion for Resounding Joy’s mission.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles.
- Must demonstrate record of high academic standards.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Must function well in group and team settings, as well as independently.
- Must be flexible and handle multiple tasks simultaneously and perform effectively and expeditiously under tight deadlines.
- Must be able to pass background check.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must possess interpersonal skills that excel in cultural sensitivity and respect for differences.
- Experience with specifically nonprofit accounting principles
- Experience using QuickBooks for an organization with a budget of more than $100,000.
- Knowledge of fundraising and communications software, such as GiftWorks or other CRM.
- Knowledge of human resources and nonprofit tax classification requirements.
- High level of comfort troubleshooting technical and connectivity issues.
Reporting Relationships: Supervised by the CEO
Salary and Time Commitment: Position requires 15-20 hours per week, with the possibility of additional hours. Long-term organization goals include making this position full-time. Salary negotiable. Schedule is flexible with other benefits as position grows.
Barbara Reuer, CEO and Founder
10455 Sorrento Valley Road, Suite 208
San Diego, CA 92121
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Drug Free Workplace
Address: 10455 Sorrento Valley Rd, Ste 208