Arts Jobs - DetailDevelopment Director
Pacific Opera Project
Los Angeles, CA
Pacific Opera Project (POP), a dynamic and innovative arts organization founded in 2011, seeks a part-time Development Director to maintain and grow its fundraising efforts. The Development Director is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of POP’s fundraising, including annual giving, special events, major gifts, in-kind contributions, grants, and sponsorships. The Director will work closely with the Executive Director, the Development Committee, and the Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors.
POP has an operating budget of approximately $300,000 with over 200 individual donors. The company has been going through an exciting growth period for the last three years.
- Maintain annual campaign by creating and organizing two large mailings each year, one in the spring and one after Thanksgiving.
- Compose and send all development communications including but not limited to donor thank you letters, annual campaign letters, development emails, “Family” e-newsletters, etc.
- Grow major gifts programs including identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors.
- Oversee fulfillment of POP “Family” donor benefits.
- Coordinate and organize all development events; this includes POPaganza!, donor dress rehearsals, cast parties, and other events as assigned.
- Oversee grant seeking, including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements as needed.
- Maintain donor contact and giving information in Arts People, POP’s online database.
- Create and fulfill annual development goals and maintain fundraising budgets.
- Attend Board and Committee meetings and report on Development activity, as needed.
- Attend and work various POP performances as needed.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- Must embrace POP’s mission of bringing accessible, affordable, and entertaining opera to audiences of all ages and backgrounds.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
- Possess skills to work with and motivate staff, Board members, and volunteers.
- Be goal driven.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- 3-5 years minimum experience preferred in professional fundraising, particularly in an arts organization.
- Knowledge of opera is preferred.
Salary is a monthly stipend. This is a work-from-home position with activities, meetings, and performances held in the Highland Park/Pasadena region. Email resume and cover letter to Jennifer Frain at email@example.com.