Arts Jobs - DetailProduction Assistant
San Francisco Playhouse
San Francisco, CA
Production Assistant – An Entomologist’s Love Story
San Francisco Playhouse is the second-largest nonprofit theatre company in San Francisco. Having grown from storefront to 200-seat theatre in just 10 years, we are powered by a team of energetic and innovative theatre lovers. Founded in 2003 as a 501(c)3 not-for-profit theatre company, our programming includes a six-play mainstage season and a three-play Sandbox Series of world premieres, plus a Rising Star Education Program for high school students. Refer to our website, sfplayhouse.org, for more information on our company.
We are seeking an experienced Production Assistant for our upcoming World Premiere production of An Entomologist’s Love Story by Melissa Ross and directed by Giovanna Sardelli. This position is responsible for assisting with the hands-on technical aspects of running the production from the rehearsal process to backstage.
Hours: 30-40 per week
Status: Seasonal, Hourly, Non-exempt
Start Date: 4/17/18
Start Date: 6/23/18
The Production Assistant reports directly to the Production Manager.
- Supporting the Stage Manager in Rehearsals and Performances
- Creating Paperwork for Running the Show
- Maintaining the organization of Show Props and Costumes
- Run automation for production (training provided)
- BA/BS degree in Theatre preferred
- Demonstrated experience working backstage for live theatre
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Paid Sick Leave (per state and local ordinances)
- HCSO Compliant Health Expense Policy