Arts Jobs - DetailStage Management Intern
San Francisco Playhouse
San Francisco, CA
Overview: SFPH Internships provide an opportunity to gain a comprehensive understanding of the day-to-day and long-term workings of a professional theater company. Each intern works closely with their supervisor to create learning goals at the start of the internship that include a special project within their department. Interns are treated as part of the Playhouse family which operates under the company’s values of Empathy, Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration and the ever important Yes. All interns leave the program with new connections, strong skills and real life experiences to add to their overall education.
Description: Become a member of the San Francisco Playhouse Stage Management Team! Interns will have the opportunity to engage in the process of stage managing a show from start to finish. Great position for students or graduates seeking careers in Stage Management or Technical Theatre. Are you an organized individual with solid backstage theatre skills, technical skills and a passion for the arts? This position is for you!
International Applicants: San Francisco Playhouse cannot sponsor or assist applicants in the visa application process. For more information, please contact your school’s International Programs office, or the United States embassy in your country.
You Will Learn:
- Proper Rehearsal Etiquette & Procedures
- Work directly with an Equity Stage Manager, learning rules and contracts
- How to put together a Rehearsal Schedule
- Basic Associated Administrative Skills
- Proper Backstage Area Set-Up
- Being on book, helping actors learn lines, cueing and line notes
Duties Include but not limited to:
- Assist at Rehearsals
- Taking blocking notes
- Tracking and Running of Rehearsal Props and Costumes
- Being on book – Cueing & Line Notes
- Running Lines with Actors cueing and line notes
- Maintain Craft Table
- Load-In and Load-Out of Rehearsal Space (incl taping out rehearsal space)
- Assist with Costume maintenance during show run
- Assist with repairs, replacements, etc to maintain running show
We are accepting applications for both the Spring (2/26/18 - 5/27/18) and Summer (5/29/18 - 8/31/18) sessions.