Arts Jobs - DetailArts Administrator
Chinese Culture Foundation
San Francisco, CA
The Chinese Culture Foundation (CCF) is seeking an Arts Administrator.
The successful candidate will provide support for the professional management of the office. He or she will be responsible for account receivables, files and record, office supplies, and will serve as the primary contact with the public. The AA will also assist the Director of Education and General Manager with event space rental inquiries and community outreach.
The ideal candidate has a BA in business administration or the equivalence, a passion for the community, enjoys working with people, and is excited about the challenges and opportunities of a vibrant community-based, contemporary arts organization.
This is a great position for someone who is eager to learn about running a community-based arts organization and community service.
About the Chinese Culture Center (CCC)
The CCC, under the aegis of the Chinese Culture Foundation, is one of the leading arts organization in SF. We are a community-based arts nonprofit, and our work is based in Chinatown and San Francisco's open and public spaces, as well as other art institutions.
Shaped by resistance, endurance and imagination, CCC ignites art interventions, engaging youth and residents, across generations and cultures. In so doing, we shift the dominant narrative about Chinese Americans, transform perceptions and empower underserved communities.
- Clerical and Administrative Support: Maintain and file records of office activities and transactions. Data-entry, manage donor/membership database, account receivables, reception, administrative support, support for meetings and other tasks as assigned.
- Office Management: Office supplies, mail, answering phones, maintaining office machines/AV equipment and managing the general appearance of the office.
- CCC Events and Others: Assist the General Manager and staff on programs, projects and events.
- Education Engagement Support: Assist the Director of Education on tour booking and outreach.
- 2 years of clerical and administrative experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Self-directed and able to work efficiently
- Strong work ethic
- Cooperative, positive attitude
- Resourceful, creative, and adaptive problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with MS Word and Excel
Job Type: Full-time
- Administrative/Non-Profit: 1 year
- Cantonese or Mandarin helpful
Addressee:750 Kearny Street