Arts Jobs - DetailCommunity Engagement Manager
California Center for the Arts, Escondido
Are you looking to be a part of something different where your opinions make a difference, where mission-passionate teams come together, and where employee engagement level is high? Are you searching for a workplace high on mission, integrity and excellence? The California Center for the Arts, Escondido “the Center” is seeking a highly motivated, passionate and experienced Community Engagement Manager to be a part of the Center’s development and leadership team!
About the Center
The Center is a non-profit organization presenting a rich and diverse array of artistic and cultural offerings. Through arts in education, quality programming, affordable rental facilities, and low-cost and free performances, the Center is able to enrich the lives of the community it serves.
With a mission of bringing people together to discover, create and celebrate both the visual and performing arts, the California Center for the Arts, Escondido is the cultural center of North San Diego County.
About the Role
In this role, the Community Engagement Manager will lead and manage all development efforts and implement the annual development plan. This position is responsible for donor cultivation, major gifts, grant management, and the planning and coordination of all special fundraising and member/donor events. The Community Engagement Manager leads the development team of two supporting staff and is a member of our leadership team and development committee, reporting to the Executive Officer.
If you are the ideal candidate and reasonably meet the outlined expectation of experience and qualifications mentioned in the job description, submit your Resume, a Letter of Interest and Compensation History for consideration.
Apply directly at https://ccae.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=17
Supervisor: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
Terms of Employment: At Will
Annual Salary: Salary based on experience and qualifications
As a member of the senior management team and in partnership with the Executive Director, Board of Trustees and the development team, the Community Engagement Manager is directly responsible for the development and successful implementation of the annual development plan. This includes cultivating and maintaining relationships with new and existing donors, researching and overseeing the grant process, and creating a culture of philanthropy to support the mission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Key duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Recruit, cultivate, and solicit major gift prospects and donors, and steward current relationships.
- Cultivate and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors.
- Identify, qualify, and prioritize potential funders for specific educational initiatives, community events, and the visual and performing arts program.
- Oversee the fulfillment process including special letters, gift acknowledgements, and other communications with major gift donors.
- Oversee grant process from inquiry to fulfillment to include research and proposal writing.
- Provide grant writing training and instill best practices to program staff.
- Oversee the planning, and coordination of all special fundraising events, member/donor events, including contracts, budgets, all event details, follow-up, and fulfillment.
- Supply marketing staff with a promotional plan that includes the design, projects, deadlines, and copy for special fundraising events and member/donor events.
- In cooperation with the Marketing team coordinate print, web, and social media to promote CCAE and its work to external audiences.
- Manage membership solicitations and renewals.
- Oversee the renewal and recognition process.
- Respond to member inquiries and complaints.
- Monitor lapsed relationships for renewal opportunities for increased generated revenue.
- Coordinate VIP guest and staff for California Club hospitality.
Managerial and Administrative:
- Supervise, train and lead the Development staff members as well as interns and volunteers.
- Generate analysis and recommendations by using development database and other data sources.
- Oversee the data management and the accuracy of the system.
- Prepare accurate project budgets and forecasts.
Other duties as may be deemed necessary by the direct supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Demonstrated success in establishing development management of a non-profit organization.
- Demonstrated success in grant acquisition and meeting annual fund goals.
- Demonstrated success in working as a member of a team and developing effective working relationships with Board members, staff, volunteers, the community, and donors.
- Commitment to professional ethics in working with confidential donor information.
- Comfort with the ability to respond adeptly to rapidly changing priorities, and ability to work well under pressure.
- Detail oriented and organized, with the strong ability to successfully multi-task as necessary or requested.
- Experience with creating and implementing marketing campaigns for fundraising.
- Ability to lead multiple long- and short-term projects simultaneously, meeting all related deadlines with the ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and manage own work.
- Ability to inspire, train, motivate and supervise staff members and volunteers.
- Mission-minded with a strong interest in research and visual and performing arts.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis or concentration in business, non-profit management, marketing, public relations or related field is required.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in grant writing, fundraising, individual donor, and/or fund development experience required.
- Tessitura software experience is desired, but not required.
Other Essential Requirements are to:
- Integrity – Think and act ethically and honestly. Take responsibility for his/her actions.
- Customer Orientation – View the organization through the eyes of the customer.
- Team Player – Support the larger organizational and team agendas more than personal goals.
- Communicativeness – Actively and openly seek and share information.
- Self-objectivity – Know personal strengths and limitations and work towards improving self.
- Positive Impact – Make a positive impression; be optimistic and enthusiastic; energize others.
- Drive/Energy – Be passionate about the work; continue to produce in exhausting circumstances.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making – Be resourceful in finding ways to improve things
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The workspace is in an office and front desk environment. Noise levels vary, but can be moderate to high during programming and events. While performing this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time with respect to both indoor and outdoor events. Temperature levels may include hot, cold, and mild. The noise level in the work environment may be low, moderate, and at times may be high.
California Center for the Arts, Escondido is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen and background investigation. This organization participates in E-Verify
Addressee:340 N Escondido Blvd