Arts Jobs - DetailExhibitor Relations Manager
Los Angeles, CA
Part Time October
Full Time November - January
photo l.a. is looking for a motivated self starter who will work directly with the fair director. This individual should have excellentorganizational and problem solving skills, strong customer service and sales acumen and work well in a collaborative environment.
Who we are:
The international photographic art exposition, photo l.a. will present its 26th edition at TheREEF, located in the historic LA Mart building in Downtown Los Angeles January 12-15, 2017.
As a Los Angeles based photography fair, photo l.a . has a long and rich history of bringing thephotographic and arts community together. For one night and three days the community celebrates photography in its many forms. Each year we expand our uniquely diverse showcase of photographic art, ranging from 19th Century works to contemporary and innovative photography-based art. Galleries, dealers, museums, schools, and non-profit organizations participate to define what photography has been, what it is today, and what it might evolve into. To foster a dialogue we curate and present our acclaimed programming, which includes, lectures, roundtable discussions, special installations, and docent tours with distinguished members of the photograph/arts community.
In it’s 26th year, photo l.a. remains unique. In a time of large corporations producing art fairs we are a 25 year-old organization that has produced 54 art fairs across the country. Our team believes their work strengthens the vitality of the community and the market. In an age where we are all invested in the Internet, it is still clear that the community longs to come together in a shared experience. For 26 years we have been proud to offer this platform with countless possibilities to promote commerce and create opportunity.
Exhibitor Relations Manager Job Description
- Assist in selling booths
- Coordinate Nonprofit and School outreach with FOCUS Manager
- Update exhibitor kit and make sure exhibitors fill out forms out
- Keep track of master exhibitor list and book and exhibitor
- Make booth diagrams for exhibitors and send out
- Coordinate all publicity needs between PR and exhibitors
- Obtain images from each exhibitor for PR
- Exhibitor check in, load in and loud out procedures and times
- (with Floor Manager)
- Confirm exhibitor lighting needs, give to floor manager
- Design Work Order Forms, Contract to sign, and Exit pass
- Design Exhibitor Blade Signs
- Oversee master list of badges that need to be printed
- Finalize all guest lists / organize all guest lists – with VIP person
- Help with catalogue production with designer and Director
- Collect and write content for catalogue
- Get press recap/Roundup of coverage from PR firm and photos
- from photographers/ Send out
- Collect content for and write Showguide/ Work with designer and Director
- Determine/Obtain catering needs and load in plans
- Invite city officials, get plaques
- Determine full supply list/ shopping list for on-site office
- Help Director w/ Contract with Lighting and Wall department, order
- Write thank yous to all exhibitors and to programing participants
Claudia James Bartlett
Contact:Claudia James Bartlett, Director photo l.a.