Arts Jobs - DetailExecutive Director
The Muckenthaler Cultural Center
Los Angeles, CA
Make an Impact and Serve as the Public Face of The Muck: a Locally Loved and Respected, Arts-Focused Non-Profit.
The role of Executive Director for the Muckenthaler Cultural Center offers you the opportunity to play a lead role in bringing the arts to the diverse community of Fullerton and the surrounding Orange County area, through arts-based educational programs, exhibitions, performances and events. You will serve as the public face of the organization, always keeping front and center its mission to celebrate the human spirit and stimulate creativity and imagination through art.
We've made great progress over the last decade and now it's time to take the center to the next level. You will have the opportunity to build strategy and the partnerships that will help us reach our goals. We'll look to you to bring fresh ideas, build strong bridges and partnerships, both internally and externally, bring in new resources, and more to expand our reach, influence, and impact.
To be a strong fit for the role of Executive Director, you will have:
- Extensive experience and proven ability to provide strategic leadership and long-range vision in executive positions with broad responsibility and wide visibility, such as Executive Director, Chief Executive Officer, etc.
- A passion for the arts and enthusiasm for bringing the arts to economically, culturally, educationally, etc. diverse communities; a commitment to preserving the heritage of the Muck estate
- Some direct involvement with non-profits, such as experience as an executive director, board member, etc.; the ideal candidate will have experience and demonstrated success in both non-profit and for-profit organizations
- Ability to manage an enthusiastic and committed staff through oversight, mentorship, and guidance in helping them achieve goals, grow professionally and add value to our programs/mission
- A team player approach with proven ability to build strong teams
- Talent in building relationships and bridges, both internally and externally, including developing strong partnerships with the Board, the City of Fullerton, and our neighbors, as well as with vendors and participants in our programs, such as our catering partner, performers, presenters, etc., and the leaders of events, such as the Car and Jazz Festivals
- Skill and experience with financial planning/reporting and budgetary oversight
The Muck is a cultural center housed in a historic 1920's mansion in the heart of Fullerton. The mission of The Muck is to provide the public with experiences that stimulate creativity and imagination while conserving the heritage and architecture of the Muckenthaler Estate. The Muck offers extraordinary exhibitions, performances and engaging educational programs to Orange County’s diverse communities and beyond. We are a celebration of the human spirit through the arts.
IMPORTANT: HOW TO APPLY
We want you to be as selective as we are! For a detailed "Insider's View" of this position and to submit your resume, please visit the following URL:
If the link does not work, simply copy the complete URL and paste it into your browser's address line.
PLEASE RESPECT OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS. DO NOT USE ANY OTHER METHOD TO APPLY OR CLICK ANY OTHER BUTTONS. Thank you for your attention to this detail.