Arts Jobs - DetailAileyCamp Dance Instructor (Ballet Dance)
Cal Performances is recruiting for a full-time temporary/limited position of AileyCamp Dance Instructor (Ballet Dance). Please visit http://calperformances.org/community/aileycamp/ to learn more about AileyCamp and Cal Performances.
The AileyCamp Dance Instructors will teach, model and support student learning in and through dance techniques to the AileyCampers. Specific techniques in Jazz, Modern (Horton technique), West African, and Ballet are detailed below. The dance faculty consists of four instructors working collaboratively with the other camp staff.
- Requires prior experience as a professional dancer and dance instructor in Ballet and knowledge and skills of ballet techniques including placement, posture, carriage, alignment, strength, flexibility and style of arms, legs and torso, as well as stretches, plies, leaps, turns and combinations.
- Demonstrated experience working with urban children from lower socioeconomic backgrounds, identified as having one or more of the following at-risk factors: living with a single parent or no parent; having a sibling who dropped out of school or became a school-age parent; having difficulty with the traditional school structure as determined by teacher observation; or having low self-esteem.
- Familiarity with and/or ability to be trained in and implement youth-centered learning frameworks.
- Excellent leadership skills including an ability to command respect and motivate achievement while working effectively with young people.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to relate well to diverse persons, and work as a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines in a self directed, prioritized and calm manner.
- Flexibility to meet changing needs and priorities as they occur.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to successfully pass background check.
This is a full-time temporary/limited position with a start date of June 19, 2017 and an end date of August 4, 2017. Five day work week – Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., all weeks except the week of staff training which may include a Saturday or Sunday. Pay is $5,600 total for period of June 19 to August 4, 2017.
Please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu/ (search by the Job ID #23061) for full job description and to apply. When applying, please include a cover letter with your resume.