Arts Jobs - DetailMembership Manager
Oakland Museum of California
Oakland Museum of California
Req No 2017-1201
Type Regular Full-Time
Closing Date ..
Targeted Job Start Date 5/15/2017
- The Oakland Museum of California values are fundamental to our institutional culture and guide our work together.
- Excellence: We are committed to excellence and working at the highest standards of integrity and professionalism.
- Community: We believe everyone should feel welcome and part of our community, both within the Museum and with our visitors and neighbors.
- Innovation: We embrace innovation and calculated risk-taking to achieve our mission.
- Commitment: Our work at the Museum demonstrates a sense of purpose and a shared accountability for the institution's success.
The Membership Manager is responsible for growing and managing OMCA's membership program ($75 - $1,249 levels). At this transformative time at OMCA, the individual in this position will have the opportunity to redefine what a museum membership program can be and what it means to create a sense of belonging in a museum. The Membership Manager will develop strategies to increase revenue through acquisition and strong member renewals by enhancing the program that deepens a member's connection to the museum and community, and emphasizes the philanthropic impact of their gift. The position will track and report on membership revenue, manage the annual membership budget, and manage a team of two. Additionally, the position will work collaboratively across the museum to maximize earned revenue opportunities connected to membership, and to identify existing programs to leverage for members to find deep and meaningful connection to OMCA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects OMCA's definition of essential functions for this position, but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. OMCA may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Support the Museum's mission, values, vision, and core commitment to the visitor experience, community engagement, and institutional relevancy for the future
- Contribute to and support the OMCA strategic plan, annual priorities, and institutional initiatives such as diversity advancement
- Contribute to a positive organizational culture based on mutual respect, a spirit of collegiality, cooperation, and openness to many perspectives
- Participate in a culture of ongoing learning, collaboration, innovation, creativity, and community engagement
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategic Planning and Execution
- With the Director of Philanthropy, and using a recent member research study as a guide, create a Membership Strategic Plan to be executed over 2-3 years including re-examining pricing, levels, and benefits offered
- Create a member communications strategy that highlights impact of support, connection to community, and special access to OMCA
- Work collaboratively across the institution on cross-functional teams to identify and implement earned revenue opportunities, to understand and use data effectively, and to leverage program opportunities with members
Fundraising Campaigns and Appeals
- Design and implement Membership renewal campaigns, including rejoin/ lapsed members
- Design and implement Acquisition campaigns to obtain new members using direct mail, onsite, and online solicitations
- Plan and execute Annual Fund campaigns
- Supervise acknowledgement process and fulfillment of Member benefits
- Evaluate impact of benefits and incentives on Member acquisition and retention
- Develop Member communications and collateral for print, onsite, and online distribution including appeals, web copy, brochures, forms, and eNews
- Supervise Member events such as Members-only programs or viewing hours and Member appreciation activities
- Manage a team of two membership staff responsible for customer service, gift processing, data entry, and execution of member events
- Develop analytical reports to monitor the success of Membership and Annual Fund campaigns
- Create systems and procedures to ensure accurate data entry and reporting for Membership and the Annual Fund
- Create accurate projections and design detailed budgets for Membership
- Manage and cultivate relationships with OMCA colleagues, outside consultants, and vendors for design, printing, production, mail services, list exchange, and e-commerce
- Oversee and/or manage departmental and project budgets, ensuring fiscal responsibility while maximizing return on investment
- Ensure essential information is communicated consistently and in timely manner within department, between Centers, and to key partners
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A combination of experience and education that demonstrates possession of the necessary knowledge and abilities for this position is required as noted:
- B.A. degree in relevant field required
- 5-7 years of relevant experience required
- Non-profit fundraising, membership, and donor engagement, preferably in the museum field
- Knowledge of basic museum functions and current thinking and best practices in the field
- Familiarity with data management best practices
- Demonstrated ability to direct, coach and motivate teams of both direct reports and other colleagues
- Exceptional communication skills and experience with general public, donor groups, press, external and internal stakeholders
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google)
- Relational database experience required; Raiser's Edge preferred
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to the following:
- Noise, such as groups of people working in enclosed areas
- Typical office environment
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
The Oakland Museum of California is a multicultural organization, committed to diversity and practicing equal opportunity employment in recruitment and hiring. Qualified candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply for open positions.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/gb82h9w965cn8jdw