Arts Jobs - DetailAssistant Professor, Art/3-D Emphasis
Allan Hancock College
Santa Maria, CA
Job Title: Assistant Professor, Art/3-D EmphasisDepartment: Fine Arts
Category: FacultyPosted: 4/3/2017
Closing Date: 4/25/2017
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, ART/3-D EMPHASIS
This is a full-time, 175-day (10-month annual contract) tenure-track faculty position in the Fine Arts Department. The instructor will provide instruction in sculpture, ceramics, 3-D design and other three dimensional media with the additional possibility of teaching drawing, 2-D design and art appreciation. The instructor will participate in program review and curriculum development; review and revise content of course(s) as necessary; maintain five (5) required office hours per week for student consultation; participate in department and college activities; maintain class and examination schedules as well as grade and attendance records according to college regulations; and perform related tasks as required. The assignment may include teaching in the evenings and on weekends at any college site.
• August 2017, pending board approval.
SALARY AND FRINGE BENEFITS
• Hiring salary range is $52,834 to $72,954 depending upon education and experience. A doctoral stipend of $2,500 is paid annually.
• Benefits include medical, dental, life, vision (employee only), and salary protection insurance.
The governing board seeks an individual with the following minimum qualifications:
- Master’s in fine arts, art, or art history OR bachelor’s in any of the above AND master’s in humanities OR the equivalent per Board Policy 7211.
- Evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of staff and community college students and of staff and students with disabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- work with and assist students having a broad range of skills, motivation, and academic or career goals
- plan, organize, and present lecture and lesson materials and concepts
- communicate effectively, in both oral and written communications
- review and evaluate curriculum and make recommendations
- develop and use resource materials
- establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others
- advocate for and promote art and arts activities in the community.
- use multimedia technology in classroom instruction
- apply evaluation and assessment methods
- identify and use learning outcomes and assessment that lead to course and program improvements
- Knowledge of:
- a broad range of historical and contemporary art, including western, as well as non-western cultures
- computer image creation and manipulation is desirable
- a variety of contemporary art and design processes and techniques
- course design
- Demonstrated experience in:
- teaching strategies that address the needs of students with a variety of learning styles
A committee will review applications. Meeting minimum qualifications does not ensure a candidate an interview. Therefore, it is important that the application be thorough and detailed. Applicants will be assessed on the breadth and depth of education, training, experience, skills, knowledge, and abilities. A limited number of applicants will be invited for an on campus interview at the college at their own expense. All interviewed candidates will be asked to present a teaching demonstration.
To be considered for this position, the candidate must submit the following application materials to the college human resources office by end of business (4:00 p.m.).
Tuesday, April 25, 2017
- Signed district application for faculty/administrative positions
- A current and complete resume/CV of education and professional experience
- Transcripts (unofficial copies are acceptable for the application process) Official transcripts are required if hired
- Cover letter
A committee will give priority review of application materials submitted by Tuesday, April 25, 2017. This position is open until filled. The district reserves the right to extend time limits, reinitiate, or withdraw the recruitment/ selection process at any point.
For application materials please visit our Web site at www.hancockcollege.edu or contact:
Allan Hancock College
Human Resources, Building B
800 South College Drive
Santa Maria, CA 93454-6399
(805) 922-6966, extension 3378
FAX (805) 922-9196
Addressee:Allan Hancock College Human Resources
Address: 800 South College Drive Santa Maria CA 93454