Arts Jobs - DetailAssistant Dispatcher, 0035-17
Artex Fine Art Services
Artex is the nation’s largest and most comprehensive fine art service provider to museums, galleries, auction houses and private collectors. We specialize in the safe handling of fine art, antiques and museum objects of all kinds. We provide transportation, crating and packing, storage, installation, rigging, and conservation services to museums, galleries, and auction houses as well as private and corporate collections. No matter the size or scope of the job, we provide solutions that meet or exceed the expectations of our clients, while ensuring them the most cost effective service possible. For this reason, ARTEX is routinely chosen to handle the most complex and demanding of projects, ranging from entire museum relocations to the shipment of an individual piece.
Reporting directly to the Dispatcher the essential responsibilities of the Assistant Dispatcher include coordinating vehicles and drivers for delivery assignments for clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Client-facing communications including confirmation of following days ETAs, scope of work, special instructions for drivers etc.
- Driver-facing communications including generation and organization of paperwork that represents each day of work for a team of drivers. Monitors driver progress on tracking systems and mediates any ongoing changes to the schedule or the scope of active trucks.
- Breaks down paperwork to enter into database and distribute to customer service teams.
- Provides general administrative and logistical support to the Dispatcher.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent;
- 1-2 years of related experience and/or training;
- General knowledge of transportation and logistics;
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Excel;
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate problem resolution and conflict management situations;
- Must be able to balance the needs of clients against the needs of the organization, or vice versa;
- Must be detail-orientated with demonstrated self-development skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of or background in art or the art services industry helpful, but not required
Works primarily in an office environment, with occasional visits to client’s facilities and other Artex offices. Work is mostly sedentary with intermittent movement throughout work hours. Movement may include walking, bending, lifting, and standing and may occur in offices, warehouses, or similar areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee may perform on an occasional to regular basis while performing functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform these functions.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you possess the experience and qualifications outlined, please submit your cover letter and resume to our HR department at email@example.com for immediate consideration. Please include Job Title and Job Posting Number in the Subject Line when applying. To learn more about Artex please visit www.artexfas.com.
Consideration will be granted Only to those who possess the minimum requirements as stipulated. Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply. Artex, Inc. is a federal contractor and an EOE AA M/F/VET/DISABLED employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, medical condition or disability or protected veteran status. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the Human Resources Department at (301) 909-5502.
Address: 305 North Oak Street