Arts Jobs - DetailFront Office Administrator
Columbia College Hollywood
Do you like helping other people? Are you highly organized? Do you have an outgoing personality? Are you a "people person"? Do you have a strong work ethic?
Our small but growing college is looking for a dedicated Front Office Administrator to handle front desk duties as well as general office management tasks. When our guests walk into our office, we want them to find a friendly, smiling face and a helping hand. The ideal candidate is customer-service oriented with a positive outlook, has excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a proven track record multitasking.
Your main duties will be to:
- Ensure a welcoming and professional environment for visitors, students, and employees.
- Efficiently and professionally manage the Front Office Operations.
- Answer main telephone line and direct calls as needed.
- Receive, sort, and distribute daily mail.
- Update voicemail outgoing messages and update for the holiday hours.
- Keep copy room and teachers' lounge stocked with paper twice a day.
- Tidy student kitchen and keep coffee items in stocked several times a day.
- Ensure all front office business machines are maintained, serviced, and supplied at all times.
- Assist departments with 3rd party mailings and large mailing projects.
- Keep track of all money taken from the vending machines, change machines, and ATM machines. Request service from vending machine vendor when machines are out of order, out of stock, and /or money is lost.
- Handle student store on-site purchases and mail out online purchases.
- Perform other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, and collating.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Work schedule: Monday through Friday, 11 AM to 7:30 PM with a 30 minute meal break.
Successful candidate will be an individual who demonstrates and has a proven track record with the following competencies: require minimal supervision, manage difficult or emotional customer situations, have excellent written and oral communication skills and proven track record of successful multitasking. The successful candidate will be able to present a calm and pleasant demeanor in difficult situations, establish and maintain effective relationships, exhibit tact and consideration. This position requires someone who is able to adapt to last-minute changes.
Columbia College Hollywood is a non-profit, accredited four-year liberal arts college offering degrees in film and television production. Columbia College Hollywood is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including Health, Dental, and Vision and 401(k) participation. Columbia College Hollywood will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring. To learn more about our school, please visit our website at http://apptrkr.com/997325/
Please send cover letter with resume (as attachments) to HR@columbiacollege.edu with FOA in the subject line.